Free, printable shape tracing worksheets for kindergarteners, young students
Shape tracing worksheets are part of everyone’s learning process of the basic shapes – triangles, circles, squares, and more. We’ve created the perfect shape tracing worksheet for you to download for free and start using that spare time with your children at home. Keep reading to learn more.
Shape Tracing Worksheets
At the beginning of a kid’s learning process, they must master basic shapes, which they will use to describe the world around them empirically. This is the first base before they reach the point where they start learning about geometry.
Additionally, tracing allows them to have better control over their hands, which will reinforce their drawing skills and creativity.
We’ve created a worksheet that’s very important to teach exactly that to children, using the path of least resistance.
How to use the worksheet?
This worksheet is as simple as it gets, but you can get the best out of it with a few tips.
- Of course, the first step is to download it and print it – you can do it in color or in black and white, they look good both ways.
- Once you have them, give them to your child and allow him to trace the shapes.
- Explain thoroughly how to trace each shape by following the lines – you can even show them quickly by doing one by their side.
- Encourage them to use their favorite colors.
- When they’re done tracing, you can tell them to do a new exercise and draw a new shape or form from the shapes, like a donut with the circle, or tv with the square.
And that’s how you can get the best learning and fun experience out of this simple worksheet.
Download the best shape tracing worksheets here
Below you’ll find the download link for this simple shape tracing worksheet. Although it is indeed simple, it will be a nice activity to do at home at any time to try and improve your children’s creativity.
Don’t forget to check out our kindergarten phonics worksheets and ABC tracing for a complete educative session at home.
- Shape tracing worksheet – PDF
Victor has worked with PrinterFriend.ly for over two year and has authored hundreds of articles for the site.
As a physical therapist, a professional cook, and a self described “bird-lover,” Victor is a freelancer who enjoys writing about those topics; specifically on fitness, nutrition, education, and pets. All of these interests are in addition to his true passion as a content creator primarily helping webmasters create quality, interesting and SEO-optimized content.
You can learn more or contact Victor via his full author profile.